INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME SCHEDULE FOR PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORK
Time Duration: 6 Weeks
- Pursuing or completed post graduation in psychology/social work
- Selection of candidate is interview based
9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (subject to change according to posting)
- Outpatient Department – OPD
- In-patient Department – IPD
- Psychosocial Unit – PSU
- Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry – DCAP
- ANVITA – An all women Psychological well being and psychosocial rehabilitation center
- At least 30 days in duration of 6 weeks
- Only 2 days leave will be permitted in a month time, other than Sundays and National holidays
- Case History, MSE, Psychiatric rating,, assessments and measured
- IQ, Personality & neurpsychological assessment
- Psycho-education and pre-discharge counseling
- Counselling, psychotherapy and rehabilitation
- Opportunity to observe ECT, EEG, iDCS, rTMS, BFB,BFT, Conition lab, Sleep study*
- COMAP – Community Outreach Mental health Awareness Program**
*No tranings will be provided.
** Only when camps are organized
VISIT TO ANVITA, Chunar
- There will be two visits to ANVITA, an all women rehabilitation center @ Chunar, India’s first of its kind rehabilitation home dedicated for women mental health.
- Conveyance and lauch will be provided at no cost.
- Candidates need to submit visit report of these two visits separately.
- Understanding the functioning of mental health service delivery system
- Clinical approach towards patients with psychiatric disorder
- History taking, psychiatric interview and mental status examination
- Introduction to common psychiatric disorders
- Role of Clinical psychologists/psychiatric social workers in psychiatric set ups
- Each intern has to write and present 5 case reports before completion of the tenure to the designated supervisor.
- A case report will be in form of case presentation as per candidate’s choice which should be informed to all consultants 2 days before during the program is mandatory.
- Certification will be done according to attendance and performance of the candidate during his/her internship programme.
- The best performing candidate will be selected for the additional training.
POINTS TO REMEMBER DURING POSTINGS
- It’s very important to follow principle of confidentially for every patient.
- Interns are never allowed to write on patients’ files, take photos and photo-copying them.
- Interns are not allowed to share any personal detail of any patient outside the hospital.
- The work assigned and limitations should be followed according to the departments in charge.
- While interviewing patient, the ethics and principles of mental health should be respected.
- Coming late and absenteeism should be reported in advance and with duly signed applications.
- More than 2 absents will be charged in fine.
- Violating any rule mentioned will be meant for strict disciplinarian action against the candidate
Rs. 6000 per candidate for duration of 6 weeks
Note: 100% Advance payment – non-refundable
The fees will be accepted in form of cheque/DD prior to start internship in the name of “Deva Institute of Healthcare & Research Private Ltd.”
EXPERTISE PROVIDED BY
- Clinical Psychologist
- Psychiatric social worker
- Special Educators
- Psychiatric nurses
- Application from self/letter from college mentioning about your willingness to start the program.
- Duly signed curriculum vitae with passport size photo pasted on it.
- Self attested copy personal ID (driving license/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Voting Card/Passport)
- Self attested copy of College I Card or document showing university enrolment number.
- Self attested copies of mark sheets of X,XII, and further qualifying exams.
- Cheque as mentioned above in name of fees.
- DIHR Registration form of program duly filled by candidate and signed by parent/guardian.
- Declaration consent of joining mentioning about confidentially of the patients, institute and related issues.
TAKE HOME NOTES
- No stay facilities provided by institute .
- Institute will not be held responsible for any accident/hazards during program.